Criminal lawyers know that each case is unique. This is why they make sure to develop the case in a way which is likely to succeed. If the facts are in your favor it is quite possible for the lawyer to make sure that the case is dismissed before it goes to trial. The right attorney would make sure that they scrutinize the case and analyze it carefully.
The following are a few instances in which it is possible to do the above. These include:
- If there is a lack of credible reason for detention
- In case of illegal execution of top and search
- When there is lack of sufficient evidence which could pin point the accused as being guilty
- Wrong complaint or unfair charges leveled against their clients
- No evidence which would prove the accused being guilty
- In case the key witness of the case is unavailable or if they change their testimony during the process
The above are a few legal reasons why the district attorney might drop the charges but there are other grounds as well which might make them reconsider their decision. The right criminal law firms in gold coast have good connections with the district attorneys and the may be able to negotiate dismissals based on practical reasons as well. These reasons could be either of the following:
- If there is an influx of other important cases which need to be attended to and there is an acute lack of resources, the matter can be handled before going to trial. This is usually done in the lawyer’s office where the lawyers would negotiate with the accusers and give them an option of dropping the charges.
- If the accused is a first time offender and has committed a minor crime, things might be easier to resolve by settling the matter outside the court.
How to find the right law firm in Gold Coast
When you want to hire a law firm from Gold Coast, make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- Choose a law firm which is known for its good reputation and experience. They should have a good track record. In case of a criminal case which is complicated it is best to go for a firm which is well known for its high profile cases. They have the necessary expertise to help resolve the case in your favor.
- As consider your budget and resources. While it may be tempting to hire the best firm but keep in mind that you might have to end up paying a whole lot of cash. There I also an option for going for firms which are just as experienced but cater to clients with a lower budget. Make sure you do your research and find a firm which you can hire within your available resources.
- It’s always best to have a personal meeting before you make a final decision. This would help you understand whether you are hiring the right lawyer. Look for signs of open communication and how they answer your questions. The right lawyer would give you all the necessary information in a simple way and let you know the prospects without going overboard.